Always good to catch up with some Web Developer friends and to listen to their latest work & insights.
Today still many companies miss the point of simple SEO don’ts. How about to review some of the basics.
Some SEO don’ts are:
- Don’t stuff keywords in your footer page with colored or hidden text. It’s old school.
- Don’t stuff keywords in your meta & image alt tags. It’s old school.
- Don’t obsess over Google RankPage and don’t check your rankings every day.
- Don’t post your most valuable content on secure HTTPS pages. Spiders don’t index those.
- Don’t black-hat tactics and play illegal ways to game the system to your advantage.
- Don’t make your site uncrawlable. Avoid developing an all Flash, all Graphic or all AJAX site.
- Don’t wait too long in implementing SEO. When building or revamping a site SEO start on day 1.
- Don’t create multi pages with same content.
Of course the list could go on but let me know your SEO don’ts and write a comment.
Please avoid these pitfalls and keep things simple.
Check out these related articles:
In my next article I will share with you some dos.